Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Joanne Kraft and Magic!

Joanne Kraft
The other day I saw a post on Facebook from the stunning, charming, and delightfully fun, Joanne Kraft. She is the author of Just Too Busy, Taking Your Family on a Radical Sabbatical, a book that is nearing the top of my TBR (to be read) pile.

I can't say enough about her and how she has personally encouraged and motivated me to stay the course with my writing! I love her to pieces...even though she's betrayed all us Californians and moved across the country! :)

But I digress.

In this particular post, on Facebook, she shared her magic secret for a perfectly Fall-ish, homemade scent. She claims it even covers a multitude of unsavory scents...including teenage boy smell.

I'll give you a hint. It involves cinnamon sticks, cloves, oranges, lemons and a simmering pot of water. Go ahead and check it out! You know you want the recipe for Joanne's World Famous Simmering Potpourri.

That recipe and me have a date for later in the week...or as soon as I get my lazy self to the grocery store to pick up some cloves! :) I can only imagine how awesome it smells!

Share with me: What scent/smell do you love to have wafting around your home this time of year? Do you ever make homemade concoctions? 

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...my favorite smell of fall? Well, I absolutely love the smell of hot apple cider...and the smell of just fall in general. All the seasons have their distinct smells. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fall candles or sandlewood blend incense burning in my office/schoolroom (I work from home and home school)all year round. I'm a total earthy girl and I love the wood and spice smells. Then come fall, I spread the love and put it all over the house and add to it a vanilla or apple candle. Luscious.

    I'm going to have to try Joanne's Potpourri. When I was growing up, my mom used to take a whole orange, stick whole cloves in it in pretty patterns, and along with some cinnamon sticks or oil, it would all go in a simmering pot on the stove. This sounds close but with the addition of bay leaves and lemon. Yum.

    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacie, how sweet are you? I just saw this. So, did you make my magical concoction? You must tell me!

    Praying for you tonight. Can't wait to hold YOUR book in my hands one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!