Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Even Nature Sings God's Glory

Spring makes me think of God

Everything is cheery and fresh and sunny. His creation is alive with newness and life and color

It makes me happy. 

And it makes me joyful

While doing Beth Moore's David, Seeking A Heart Like His Bible study, she made a comment in one of her videos about nature and how it can't NOT worship God. How God uses His creation to constantly reveal His glory to man. 

She cited Psalm 19:1-3, which says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard."

Which made me think of Luke 19...when the disciples were shouting out and praising God, the Pharisees told Jesus to rebuke them. His reply??? "If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." (verse 40)

The flowers, the stars, the butterflies, the clouds...they know WHO created them, and can't help but be and do what the Master created them to do or be.  

Now, every time I see a tree branch blowing in the wind, I think, that tree is praising God! 

Or when the clouds roll across a sunny sky, I think, those puffy clouds are dancing for God! 

Paints a picture, doesn't it? A beautiful, worshipful picture of His beauty and majesty. 

My family recently took a one hour drive to a little place near us called Daffodil Hill. As the name suggests it is a hill completely buried in daffodils. I snapped a few pictures that made me think that nature was worshiping the One who designed them. 

I hope they make you reflect on the One who lovingly made you, too!










Share with me: Have you considered this concept before? Does it delight you as it does me? What nuance of nature brings you face to face with God's brilliance? 


 *All photos are my own

7 comments:

  1. I love how the branches and blooms are like hands praising God and the one tree I know of that refuses to lift its "hands" in praise weeps. The Weeping Willow.

    Good lesson right there!

    Gorgeous pics, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures.

    I feel close to God as He paints an awesome sunset. The colors change right before my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of Daffodil Hill!

    When I stand on a cliff overlooking Lake Superior and hear the waves buffeting the rocks below, I am in awe of God's mighty power to walk across the deep and speak the waves into submission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful Psalm. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those pictures are so pretty. I think of God's brilliance in nature whenever it thunderstorms. Even though I'm terrified of storms, they remind me just how big He is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me is the clouds, sunrises and sunsets! I'm looking up most of the time :) God loves to delight and speak to us through the beauty all around us. He makes my heart sing, just like you made my heart sing with your blog! Thank you Lacie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked in the face of a treasured friend this morning when we met for breakfast, and I saw God reflected there as she ministered to me. Thanks again, Lacie, for being such a special person and taking time out of your busy day to spend some of it with me.

    Gwynly and I went to Daffodil Hill last week when he was on Spring Break. Like you, I kept the camera busy snapping pictures of God's handiwork.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!