Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

19 Interesting (but Useless) Tid-Bits

It's time for another rousing installment of interesting but completely useless information. Why not? I get a kick out of these weird facts and it makes for an easy post and a few chuckles. :) 


So here we go...


I wonder if it tastes like a Gala, Granny Smith or a Fuji?
1. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.

2. What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.

3. "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.

4. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child

5. A cockroach
 can live several weeks with its head cut off!

6. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

7. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath

8. There is a city called Rome on every continent.

9. It's against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland!

10. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people

11. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!

12. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

13. Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."

14. Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.

15. On average a hedgehog's 
 heart beats 300 times a minute.

16. More people are killed each year from bees than from snakes.

17. You're born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206. 

18. The placement of a donkey's
 eyes in its' heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!

19. It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA.

Bonus Fact: The average person laughs 10 times a day.


Share with me: Which one do you like the best? Anything make you laugh? Anything you find hard to believe??


*I feel compelled to say that I have not verified the truth of any of the above statements. That would defeat the purpose of an "easy post". :) 

**Useless facts courtesy of http://world-english.org/facts.htm

9 comments:

  1. O Nebraska. I'd be in big trouble there! Next, the almost and the pig got me.

    Truth = stranger than fiction with that pig one.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did the other 94 bones go that I was born with? Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read #2, I thought you were wondering if the French kiss tasted like Gala, Granny Smith, or a Fuji! LOL

    I love reading stuff like this! Coca Cola green? Eew-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! This one grosses me out - 11. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin! I'm going to go clean my house now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, where to begin, LOL...The right-handed thing fascinates me. I wonder if there's some sort of psychology involved since the world pretty much caters to right-handed people and not lefties.

    And the church thing just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is un-dyed Coca-cola really Mountain Dew? LOL

    19 is hilarious. Wonder what the fine is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some goodies!! But I'm a little worried about my sis and mom now that I have that right-handed/left-handed stat. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure that I have sneezed in a church in Nebraska. Spent a whole week outdoors there, pollen and I don't agree, and then visited my friends church. Luckily, no one took me away for indecent sneezing. Thank you, Lord.

    Love these factoids. They totally suck me in! I'm finding the bug flavors the craziest today. Not sure I would ever be bold enough to try one, but in desperation I suppose I would sample an apple beetle. Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacie, how fun. I didn't know you had a blog. I too have one but it's more of a family photo journal. I'll have to come check in on you from time to time. BTW I don't know what my favorite was but I almost didn't read it when I saw the beetle on top... last thing I need is more creepy information, to haunt my dreams, about bugs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!