Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

What is Your Favorite Fall Treat?

I've been feeling "homey" lately.

Like I want to decorate and bake and glue orange tissue paper to pumpkin shaped cardboard.

This feeling usually takes over around this time of year when there are so many different ways to make the holidays fun for my kids!

I was sitting and watching TV the other night and a sudden sweet craving hit me. Only I couldn't place what it was I wanted.

It wasn't chocolate (weird!) or ice cream (too cold) or even something warm and cakey (which is usually what I want).

And then it hit me! Caramel apples! Yum! And so totally fall-ish!

So I went searching for a recipe and found this one from Betty Crocker.

My goal is to attempt to make these with my kids this weekend. Worse case, I'll have a large pot of melted caramel to lick!

What is your favorite fall treat? Do you find you always crave the same sweets or do your cravings sometimes shock you?

9 comments:

  1. I find I crave many sweets all the time :)

    I love anything pumpkin flavored: lattes, pie, ice cream, etc.

    I also love caramel apples. If after this weekend you have any leftovers and are desperate to get rid of them, feel free to send them my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, That sounds soooo good! I've been craving just plain old apples lately. They're so crisp and yummy this time of year. But heck, a little caramel drizzled on top wouldn't hurt, now would it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eat a caramel apple in years. They stopped looking good in my teens, but they're beginning to grow on me. Anything that takes fruit and covers it with a sticky, sugary substance can't be that bad. Have fun making them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! That's my favorite!!! Caramel apples rolled in nuts. Nothing as yummy as that. Not even Pumpkin bread! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My editor put up a recipe for Hot Apple Cider Floats the other day. That's what I'm craving right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your kids have fun making those caramel apples, Lacie.

    My favorite fall treat is turkey cookies. My husband and I make a batch to take to our Thanksgiving service at church every year. I don't actually eat them, but I love seeing how much others get a kick out of them. We've always used shortbread cookies as the wings before, but I found a fun new recipe that uses Oreo cookies with candy corns, which I plan to try this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those do look good.

    I love fall stews for meals, for treats pies are always a favorite for me.

    I hope they turn out great for you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason in the fall I crave cornbread and honey-butter! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!