Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring Cleaning

This unusually warm weather has me antsy for Spring Cleaning.

Not because I necessarily enjoy it but because I love the feel of a brand spankin' clean house...all the way down to the baseboards.

Since Spring Cleaning has been on my mind, I thought it would be fun to compare lists with one another.

According to convicted felon, Martha Stewart (just kidding - that's not very nice) the following items should be on your Spring Cleaning lists.

  • Dust refrigerator coils
  • Defrost freezer
  • Swap out heavy curtains and throws for lightweight ones
  • Rotate your mattress and change to lightweight blankets
  • Get a new pillow
  • Discard expired cosmetics
  • Update your first aid-kit
  • Organize office files
  • Clean your computer
  • Wipe down walls, fans, doorknobs, etc. 
Of course she had many other items on her list but I got frustrated because only two of the above are on my list. (I don't think I've ever thrown away make-up before.)

So tell me: What big chore is on your Spring Cleaning list? Are any of Martha's tasks on your list? Do you enjoy cleaning or would you hire a cleaning service if you could?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, to be able to hire a cleaning service. That would be awesome.

    I would add bleach the grout on the kitchen counters. The tiles are white, but the grout is. . . not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cleaning & telling myself it's spring. Fun trick I play on my brain.

    I put cleaning the fridge off for as long as I can. It's due every spring.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my make-up before it gets old! I don't replace my blinds, but I do wash them and I'd add taking down blinds and hosing them down--if they're wooden like mine.

    I hate cleaning the fridge. Ugh. Why must we do these things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that list makes me feel like a spring-cleaning flunky. :)

    I used to hire someone to clean my house when I worked. But now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, I'm the maid again. I definitely miss the luxury of having someone else do it, but I wouldn't trade being home with my kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would hire someone! My spring cleaning involves turning out drawers and closets, and putting away all the boots and coats and hats and mittens and scarves. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!