Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When Life Won't Play Along

Life is hard. Marriage is hard. Raising kids is hard. Balancing work with everything else is so hard. And then at the end of the day, we're still supposed to find the energy to wash and fold all the laundry, make a healthy and delicious dinner, read for twenty minutes to each of our kids, prepare whatever we can for tomorrow, add to our word count total and on top of all of that (and much more) when we fall into bed, thinking the day is over, we're still expected to be incredible lovers to our husbands.

Sometimes, I feel like I just can't get a single item crossed off my to-do list, let alone the dozens of tasks on it.

I recently heard this new MercyMe song and decided to claim it as my war-cry. I hope it motivates and gives you as much hope as it does me. So start dancing because there are brighter days ahead...even when the laundry isn't done! ;)

MercyMe "MOVE" live from Mr. Lovewell on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Love that song! I shall make it my battle cry too! Looking for God's grace today. For you and for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're supposed to read to our kids for twenty minutes every day? I. Did. Not. Get. The. Memo. :)

    I love Mercy Me! Every moment...grace.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!