Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Wagons West...

Well, more like north for us.

I have mentioned before that I am writing a Christian historical fiction. The beginning of my story takes place on the Oregon Trail (I'm very fascinated by this event in history) while the remaining story is set in Oregon City, a popular ending point on the trail. I have been asking my husband if we could squeeze in a short trip to Oregon (before the kids start school) in order for me to do some research up there. It wasn't looking good.

I'm happy to report that God had other plans and we are leaving today for Oregon City. It just so happened that my husband has to take care of some last minute, unplanned work in Portland, which is a mere 25 minutes away from the area that I want to research.

The only downside that I can see about this upcoming trip is that we will be making a 10 hour drive with a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 1 year old and way too much baby gear. (What on earth would you do with a baby in a wagon?)

We must be crazy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that it worked out and you were able to go. I hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!