Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm Back!

Well, blogging world it’s been a while since I visited. Two months actually!

I know, I know. Shame on me for disappearing without any explanation but I had a few kinks or mental hiccups to work through with myself before I could show my “face” again.

(As I write this my son is singing “This is the song that never ends”. Good grief! Part of those “kinks” I mentioned - young, LOUD kids.)

The truth is I’ve been thinking about quitting. (Cause lets face it. Attempting to be a writer is hard work. Add in the shot in the dark of publication and my oh my! Seems downright impossible!) So I've been praying for guidance and timing and about where God wants me to place my focus, aside from my family.

Every time I’m convinced I don’t have time to be a writer, a blogger, a presence on any social media site, I feel God whisper to my soul, “do the work.”

Actually, that came from my sister who has been “kindly” nagging me to get my act together. (Gotta love big sisters!) But after that, I didn’t hear “do the work” from my sister. I heard it from deep within.

And the thing is...I don't feel free to quit. I LOVE STORIES! I always will, even if publication never comes my way.

So blogging world, just know...I’m here.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging and that you're not quitting. I'm here with my pom poms if you need someone to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back. The coolest thing about this online community is that there are those of us who will line up to root you on and even some who will help hold you accountable in your pursuit of your dreams.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back! Just take the time you can to do what calls you. It's going to be different for everyone.

    And, the song your son sings, I do that to my sister (who's 23) when I want to be really annoying. Works great :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! For the warm welcome back! Makes me wonder why I ever felt the need to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Yayayayayayay! I'm so glad you're back.

    You've got stories to tell, so get busy telling them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!

    I love when God whispers.

    You're here on this blog. There's a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Lacie! And trust that we've all been there a time or two. We should start a recovery group called "wanna-be quitters anonymous". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all a sweet balm to my soul. Wishin' I could just reach out and hug you all. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me giddy! I have so missed you, gal pal. Glad you're blogging, writing, and online more.

    Do the work! :) I will cheer with Julie! In fact, we'll do a pyramid, but I'm not on top. I'm afraid of open heights.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!