Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update: Rejected

It seems like forever ago. Last November I entered one of my short stories in a writing contest for the first time. The top twenty were to be notified by February 14.

As I continue to cross off the days of my calendar, I'm realizing that it's not looking too good for my story. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Obviously, no one wants to be rejected or in this case ignored. But I think I was prepared for this outcome...even expected it.

Admittedly, I had the hope beyond a hope that I would place first and my phone would begin ringing off the hook with possibilities. Does that even happen in the writing industry? Everything I've read says absolutely not!

I'll keep working and writing and who knows...one day...maybe...

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you haven't heard anything from the contest, but don't get discouraged.

    This is a long journey filled with ups, downs, and sideways-es. Perservere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Erica!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!