Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

In the Palm of His Hand

I'm absolutely obsessed with Kari Jobe's new song, Steady My Heart! OBSESSED! I can watch the video (below) over and over and over...you get the picture. It puts my heart in a joyful, grateful, peaceful place...a steady and trusting place...somewhere I wish my heart stayed for longer than the duration of the song!

It's a song that simply resonates with me. And I think, if you haven't heard this song before, it'll touch you too. Because who doesn't have some hurt or struggle or scar that looms larger than our remaining strength can endure?

The truth of the matter is that we face horrible things--probably more often than not. Whether that's financial challenges, marital difficulties, struggles with conceiving a long-desired baby, exhaustion from the grind, high expectations that we simply can't meet, a sour mood that refuses to abate, health scares, shattered dreams, crushed hope in someone or something.

Truly the list could go on forever. Sadly.

But the glimmer of hope in it all is that He's here. And He's real. And He's got us right in the palm of His hand. And that's enough.  



Praying that your today is filled with a steady heart, that only He can provide!

1 comment:

  1. I love this song too, I love her in general! She's amazing and her songs always touch my heart!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!