|Statue of George Washington.|
I have a very stressful day ahead of me today.
And the best way I know to deal with it is to completely distract myself. Which of course can only be achieved by funny, useless information. :)
So here it goes. 19 (somewhat) useless tid-bits:
- If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
- The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
- Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
- The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
- Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
- The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
- When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
- It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
- The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
- The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
- Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
- Colgate faced big obstacles marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
So, did ya learn anything new?? :)
(Random facts courtesy of hemmy.net)